Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I found a career!!

I discovered the following email while enjoying my coffee this morning. 10 am is still kinda early, right? Read on to learn of my priceless opportunity:

Student,

I am sending this email to inform you about the opportunities of the Marine Corps Officer program for college students and gauge whether or not you would be interested in learning more about the program. If you are please reply to this email with your phone number and a good time to get in touch with you, and I will give you a call to ensure you are qualified and that you possess the maturity and prowess to lead Marines. If you are not interested please reply as such. Maybe you have what it takes to be one of us. I have attached some supplemental information about our aviation program as well as officer candidate school or feel free to visit our web site.
http://www.marineofficer.com/

Semper Fi,

SSgt Huff, M G
Officer Selection Team

Now, I kinda felt like I might get in some trouble if I didn’t “reply as such”, so here’s what I replied with:

Dear Sarge,

I'm a colorblind recovering alcoholic born in 1973. Still want me?

Student

P.S. I hate authority.

I love being a student, if nothing else my school email address get shared with the Marines. Semper Fidelis. Always Faithful. If I became a jarhead, then I would have to say Semper Fi. Always Fa.

No comments:

Post a Comment